View Single Post
Old 03.19.2024, 10:50 AM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i listened to all of it last night and liked it, so i will keep listening to it for the foreseeable.

i don't really care about its "meaning and significance" really. the lyrics are goofy and fun. but i wasn't listening for words. i have books for that, hahaha. the entire sound though, i liked it. i like it more as an album than as singles. i like the entire run of the thing more than "songs"

and this is nothing like nin with its nearly relentless industrial rhythms and nerd pain. not saying there's anything wrong with nerd pain or industrial music of the 80s, it's just a very different thing

kim's record is horny, playful, and relaxed. a totally different mood than early reznor. that's what it is "about" (for me anyway). kim is having a good time here. there is nothing tortured or miserable about it. it's pure play. even the jordan peterson support bit is a hilarious mockery (unlike the humorless peterson and his youtube sermons)

also i concur that it's absolute idiocy from some paid newspaper reviewer to request less noise here. i can't even... well the guardian will not see any money from me if this is what they have to offer as "criticism". critics! demian morris go fuck yourself lololol. i'll throw you a penny if you go back to kindergarten and take your staccatos with you already. guardian picked the wrong writer for this assignment--a clueless one with no idea of who he was writing about
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|