View Single Post
Old 06.11.2006, 09:16 AM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
How did the Gilmore Girls appearance come about?
I was flipping channels in a hotel room one morning and it came on; my daughter said, “Stop!” The dialogue blew my mind—all these arcane literary references and clever repartee—and I got addicted. There was an episode where one character said to another, “You’re boyfriend and girlfriend. You can’t be in a band together; it won’t work.” The other one said, “Oh yeah, what about Sonic Youth?” And my fucking jaw dropped. So I called our management, and they made a couple of calls, and the show’s people—Amy Palladino and her husband, Daniel, who are supercool—invited us to come on. So me, Kim and Coco played “What a Waste” from the new album. We weren’t Sonic Youth—we were this horrible thing that annoys the whole town.
Rather Ripped is out Tuesday 13. Sonic Youth plays CBGB Tuesday 13 and McCarren Pool August 11 and 12.

finaly gilmore girls explanation. nice interview. thanks moshe!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|