Thread: SYR 7
View Single Post
Old 05.28.2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Sucklechimp
little trouble girl

Sucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I have the same problem with My Bloody Valentine, the first of their new releases will be Loveless out-takes. But at least they're releasing NEW material in relative proximity to this. Perhaps this is what SY should have done, released SYR7 AND new material.
Anyway, my initial point was SYR 7 is no suggestion of the band's current direction, because it's from ages ago. It's like commenting on Portishead's or another band's current sound judging by unreleased material from 1994.
Well, I really don't care if they continue on with a less experimental sound. God knows it's better listening to SY than 90% of any other shit. But I know they won't, because they're not that kind of band. At all. Whatever happens, as long as they continue their SYR releases, I'll be happy, regardless of how long ago it was recorded.
Sucklechimp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|